Start: 14 September 2018
Location: The Hague, the Netherlands
Fee: € 2,950.00 excluding 21% VAT
Anti-bribery and corruption enforcement actions are rising globally. Organizations across every industry should be aware of the consequences and repercussions of corruption violations which can be swift and severe. Countless firms have been subject to major fines and other penalties that have had highly negative impact on their business and many individual employees have been prosecuted on criminal charges. White Collar Academy offers an anti-bribery and corruption training to ensure that your organization is compliant with modern international anti-corruption legislation.
Maintaining your reputation in business means everything and ensuring your organization is compliant with the terms of the FCPA, UK Bribery Act as well as other national legislation should be high on your list of priorities. Anti-bribery and anti-corruption measures should form a key part of your organization’s compliance strategy, and implementing a robust training solution to keep your employees aware of the threat of corruption is essential. Effective training on this topic will help employees at all levels understand their roles in protecting material non-public information and the implications and consequences of disregarding the bribery and corruption rules.
White Collar Academy has developed an ABC training specified to the needs of compliance professionals. The program covers a broad range of topics, including recent developments, stimulating debate, fostering networking, cross-fertilisation and the global exchange of experience. The aim of this training is to providing comprehensive, high-quality and easily accessible anti-bribery and corruption education.
Training Day 1 – 14 September 2018
Introduction I: An introduction to (anti-)corruption & bribery
- A short history on corruption
- Defining corruption
- Consequences of corruption and why companies should care
- Organizations involved in (preventing) corruption and their roles
Training Day 2 – 28 September 2018
Introduction II: International Law and Standards on Anti-Corruption Compliance
- Introduction to the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the UK Bribery Act and other relevant national legislation
- The Enforcement of Anti-Corruption Legislation
- New anti-corruption legislation and new enforcement risks (Brazil, South Korea, France)
- Individual vs. Corporate Liability risks for Corruption and other Economic Crimes
Training Day 3 - 12 October 2018
Prevention I: Designing an Effective Anti-Corruption Compliance Programme
- Principles of corruption prevention
- Essential sources of anti-corruption compliance
- How to Effectively Map Your Company’s Corruption Risks
- Developing Codes of Conduct and Anti-Corruption Compliance Policies
Training Day 4 - 2 November 2018
Prevention II: Compliance in Action & Practical Realities
- Anti-Corruption Strategies for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises
- Doing business abroad
- Defining and managing conflicts of interest
- Supply chain management and third party risks
Training Day 5 - 16 November 2018
Detection: Anti-Corruption Compliance Management
- Monitoring and Evaluation of the Anti-Corruption Compliance Programme
- Internal Procedures and Systems for Reporting Wrongdoing
- Using technology to detect corruption
- Monitoring emerging risks and managing alerts
Training Day 6 - 30 November 2018
Reaction I: First Responses
- Conducting internal Investigations
- Dealing with Employees under Suspicion
- Self-Disclosure, or not?
- Cooperation with Regulatory and Law Enforcement Bodies
Training Day 7 – 14 December 2018
Reaction II: Joining forces
- Asset Tracing & Recovery
- Reputation Management: the basics
- Appointment of and working with a Compliance Monitor
The ABC Training will be provided by an enthusiastic team of lecturers who have an abundance of practical experience in the area of anti-corruption and bribery.
Lecturers include amongst others:
- Sascha Kramer, Group Compliance Manager at SBM Offshore
- Willemijn Jonker, Senior Associate at De Brauw
- Laura Klapwijk, Senior Manager at Deloitte Forensic
- Representative of Transparency International the Netherlands (TI-NL)
- Vincent Kempkes, Group Communications Director at SBM Offshore
- And others
Dates & Times
The ABC Training consist of 7 training days. The training will start on 14 September 2018. Every two weeks a training day will take place. The training days will take place on the following dates (all Fridays):
- 16 November 2018
- 30 November 2018
- 14 December 2018
- 14 September 2018
- 28 September 2018
- 12 October 2018
- 2 November 2018
Each training day will start at 9:30 and end at 17:00. A lunch break will be held from 12:45 until 13:30. There will also be two coffee breaks during the day, one in the morning before lunch (11:00 – 11:15) and one in the afternoon (15:00 – 15:30).
The training will be concluded with a diner which will take place after the last training day on 14 December 2018 in the city centre of The Hague.
and you will be able to:
- Deal with challenges related to anti-corruption and integrity;
- Gain awareness of the risks bribery poses to companies and individuals and prevent violations from occurring.
- Achieve a better understanding of the warning signs of bribery and learn how to respond appropriately;
- Evaluate the risk of corruption within your organisation;
- Identify instruments for increasing transparency and accountability;
- Develop, construct and implement tools and strategies to prevent corruption;
- Managing third party risks;
- Deal with whistleblowers;
- Crisis management during corruption allegations or accusations;
- Gain awareness of the criminal and financial risks of corruption for individuals and companies;
- Conduct internal investigations;
- Deal with employees under suspicion.
By the end of the training participants will have an understanding of:
- What constitutes corruption;
- The consequences of corruption;
- The international framework of anti-corruption conventions, laws (FCPA, UKBA and relevant national legislation), protocols and best practices;
- Essential sources of anti-corruption compliance;
- The various stakeholders and organizations involved in corruption prevention;
- Corruption enforcement;
- High-risk countries, industries and customers;
- Tools and strategies to prevent corruption.
During the ABC Training you will acquire knowledge which can be applied directly in your daily work. Providing theory, practicing with cases and discussing examples from practice are methods that are constantly alternated.
We work in small groups to stimulate learning from each other.
The ABC Training is specifically designed for and only accessible to compliance professionals wishing to enhance their understanding of anti-bribery compliance and attain a accreditation in this field:
- Anyone responsible for the drafting, motivating and implementing of organisational policies, codes and procedures
- Anyone responsible for ensuring or contributing to their organisation's compliance with the United Nations Convention Against Corruption, the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the UK Bribery Act
- Anyone responsible for ensuring the ethical business conduct of operations either within their own country or in other countries
- Ethics & Compliance Officers
- General Counsels
- In-house legal advisors
- Risk managers
- Vice Presidents
- Directors (of Corporate Responsibility - International Contracts - Corporate Compliance - Legal Affairs - Internal Audit - Business Conduct)
- General Managers
- Operations Directors / Managers
- Business Unit or Country Directors / Managers
- Sales Directors / Managers
- Marketing Directors / Managers
- Business Development Managers
- HR Directors / Managers
The course is specifically designed to be detailed yet accessible. Although no professional experience in anti-bribery law or compliance is required, some exposure, working experience, or training in anti-bribery compliance is preferred.
To get the most from the course, a good standard of English is required.
Participants to the ABC Training will receive 2 weeks prior to each training day a digital syllabus with relevant course materials. The syllabus will be made accessible via Dropbox and also send via WeTransfer to the participants.
These materials will also enable the participants to prepare for the assignments.
Prior to each training day, participants are required to hand in an assignment in preparation of the following training day.
Participants will receive the assignment 2 weeks before the training day and are required to hand in the assignment 1 week before the training day.
Participants will only receive the Anti-Bribery and Corruption accreditation when they have handed in at least 6 of the 7 assignments.
For each training day, participants are expected to go through the course materials, prepare and hand in the assignment. This will amount to approximately 8 hours of preparation time for each training day.
The ABC Training will take place in the city centre of The Hague, at our training location at the Dr. Kuyperstraat 5.
Accommodation and Travel
Participants are responsible for their own travel and accommodation arrangements and any associated costs.
Participants to the ABC Training will receive the Anti-Bribery and Corruption accreditation from the White Collar Academy.
This accreditation will be awarded to those who have:
- attended a minimum of 6 of the 7 training days;
- handed in at least 6 of the 7 assignments;
- participated actively during all training days
as this ensures participants to have acquired the requisite knowledge.
The ABC Training does not include an exam.
Permanent Education points
The ABC Training consists of a total of 42 hours of permanent education (PE). The Permanent Education points that are obtained with ABC Training are recognized by several professional organizations, amongst which the Dutch Bar Association (Nederlandse Orde van Advocaten, NOvA).
The course fee of the ABC Training amounts to € 2,950.00 excluding 21% VAT.
This includes all training-related costs, as well as drinks, lunches and training materials.
Participants are considered officially registered for the ABC Training when their application has been approved and payment has been made.
After filling the online application form, you will receive an invoice.
You can pay in one or in two installments. The deadline of the first installment – or full amount – is 1 August, 2018. This will guarantee the commitment of your employer for your participation.
If you pay in two installments, the remaining second 50% of the course fee should be received by 1 October, 2018.
Payments can only be made by means of bank transfer.
Please note that we employ a first pay, first serve principle.
For cancellations between one to two months before the training starts, 50% of the course fee will be charged.
In case of cancellation within one month before the start of the course, you will have to pay 80% of the course fee.
Please note that in case of cancellation, a suitably qualified person may replace you without extra charge.
White Collar Academy reserves the right to cancel a course if the number of participants is insufficient or due to any other unforeseen circumstances. In this case your course fee will be reimbursed. Other costs e.g. for transportation cannot be reimbursed.
Want a custom compliance training solution that meets your specific needs? No problem!
An in-house option is available for organisations enrolling a minimum of 10 people in the course. Benefits include a programme tailored to the needs of your organisation, answering specific questions that rise within your organisation as well as lower costs and a reduction of travel time.
Click here to contact us.